Sunday, March 24, 2013

Busy busy!

I've been meaning to write on here for a while, but have been so busy!

Jeff is still working his 3am-11am shift, which honestly right now sucks. Because I'm still in school, I'm having a hard time adjusting mine and Jackson's schedule to Jeff's. So we practically never see each other. We just miss each other a lot and hope that things will get better when I finish school.

I am almost done with school! In less than 15 weeks I'll be finished with all my college classes and being a licensed Kindermusik educator! I am so excited to start teaching and even more excited to be done with college! Only 15 weeks, I can handle that right?

So when Jeff's not sleeping and I'm not at school, we love playing with Jackson! He's growing so quickly and we bet he'll be walking soon. He loves pulling himself up on everything! He has his bottom two teeth and loves to eat! He's recently started sleeping for 9-10 straight hours, but doesn't really like taking naps during the day.  He absolutely loves the dogs and loves music. Overall, he is a really happy baby!

             Except here:
The story behind these two pictures: I always shower when Jackson is sleeping or when Jeff can watch him, however this day he refused to nap so I brought him in the bathroom with me and put him and his toys in the Pac'n'Play. He hated it! I look out of the shower and see him half way up the side of it! It's hard to tell, but in the picture on the left, he's trying to climb out!

Making funny faces at Dad.



Grammy came for a visit!

My happy, hungry boy!

My mom was able to come visit us this last week! I am so glad she got to see Jackson. He loved spending time with her and next time she comes up, I'm sure he'll be running around. While she was here, we got to go to the temple and start doing work for our family history.  It was an amazing experience and such a wonderful time spent with my mom. I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation and that our family has the opportunity to be together forever. 

I am especially grateful that families can be together forever after the events of this week. One of my freshman roommates lost her little sister this week. Heidi was a beautiful 17 year old girl getting ready to graduate high school. I know that she will be deeply missed by many. Although I only spent time with her a few times, you couldn't help but love her and feel happy around her.  The whole Greenwood family has that affect on you! Please pray for this sweet family to be comforted. I find great joy in knowing that they will someday see their angel again. 

Sometimes it is hard as a mom not to worry. You worry for your child's safety, their future, their health, and so many other things.  Having a child totally changes you life and your way of thinking. You would give up anything, including yourself, to save your child. Heidi is a testimony to me to cherish your children everyday. I will never know what the Lord has planned for Jackson and He may decide that He needs Jackson more than I do. So, I will cherish every moment I get to spend with my sweet baby boy.

On another note, we have been participating in a family health challenge. This started out as just a fun competition, but since has become something Jeff and I have really devoted ourselves to.  I want to take care of my body and health, not only for me, but for Jackson and future children. I want to be around for a long time and I want to be an example for them. Part of this challenge has been to eat only 8g or less of sugar per snacks and meals.  This is way harder than you might think! No yogurt, cereal, sandwiches, etc.  At first I really struggled with this. I would say I can't eat sugar, I'm trying to win this competition, but after talking with my cousin I realized it's not a matter of I can't, but rather I am choosing to avoid it. I really loved this take on it; thanks Michelle! Now sugar is not as big of an issue. I don't crave it and almost always find that after I do eat something with a lot of sugar I don't feel satisfied. Our 2 month challenge ends tomorrow morning and although I'm pretty sure I won't win, I am really proud of myself. I have started eating much healthier, exercising more, and drinking more water. And I know that even though the challenge is ending, our new eating habits won't! I am also proud of the weight I've lost. I gained 40 pounds while I was pregnant and although I lost most of it, 2 months ago I was still 18 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. 7 months postpartum, I am now 7 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight! And I never expected to get back down completely because I am still breastfeeding. 

The next few months will be busy for our little family, but I am proud of all that we have accomplished in the last year.

2 comments:

  1. I had a wonderful visit with the 3 of you. I especially loved going to the temple with you and thank you for doing all the work on the computer ahead of time. I'm glad to hear that you and Jeff are devoted to eating healthy now, so tell Jeff I will save the praline bacon for VERY special occasions. . I loved spending time with my beautiful grandson... Jackson is growing up so quickly. it's nice to see he is such a happy baby, because of his two great parents! Love to all three of you, and the pups! ...mom/grammy

    ReplyDelete